‘As the ancestors journeyed over the land, their actions gave it form, created the natural features such as rivers and ranges. The land they shaped is today occupied by their descendants.’

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 4 - Hitching a ride to Oxford

Waking up after a bitterly cold night to an amazing foggy morning. I decide to buy a sleeping bag at our next stop, because the army survival sleeping cover is just not doing the trick and it also incredibly loud. Good for scaring wild animals, but also keeping yourself awake at night! We walk for two hours very early in the morning to the next lock, when by my blisters are making me be in excruciating limping pain. And then we manage to hitch a ride with Sue, Martin and Steve on their narrowboat to Oxford. Life savers!! Thank you. I attend to my blisters and we let our bodies relax for a bit. this was necessary. Resting days are essential on a long journey. We are learning.

Foggy morning glory

In the mist

Tarp is doing well

Staff is head of construction - so useful

River path

Oh captain my captain

'Don't drink and drive'

Picnic

Reeds


Moooooon riiiiiveeeer....